09 July 2019

West Country Adventure, 8 July

So here we are in the New Forest, with no signal on either of our phones. I'm writing this in a Word document and will upload it, with photos, when next I have a signal, which I hope will be sometime tomorrow. This doesn't seem to happen on the Continent, where there is almost always a signal of some kind.
So, anyway, we slept well in the motor home and in the morning showered, etc, and had breakfast at No 6, and then the Swan Whisperer went for a walk with the dog. I tidied the van and got things more or less ready to leave, and we were away by noon. Our first stop was a Lidl outside Chichester, where I got rolls for lunch and a couple of other things. We decided not to have lunch there, but parked up in the car park of Fishbourne Palace. 
We drove on - I went to sleep on the motorway - and arrived here in Burley in mid-afternoon. We are on a cider farm, and have bought some, and some apple juice. The field we are in was populated by geese and guinea-fowl,
but get have been shut up for the night. We had a cup of tea outside, and then the SW went for a walk again while I knitted. Supper was last night's trout with vegetables, cream and pasta. Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment