07 July 2019

West Country Adventure, 7 July

The saga of was I, wasn't I, preaching this Sunday is too long to relate here, but ultimately it turned out that I wasn't. So we were able to pack up the car and head off to Sussex to arrive about 2:30 pm.

First up, of course, was to load the van and fill it with water and so on. So we did that, and then, at about 5:30, we loaded my mother (with difficulty) and sister (rather more easily) into the motor home and set off to drive the ten miles or so to Duncton Viewpoint, a local landmark with a great view over the South Downs. 


Once there and parked up, we ate a delicious supper prepared by my mother of cold trout and various salads, followed by strawberries, raspberries and cream! 

Then the Swan Whisperer and I washed up and made coffee for those who wanted it, and meanwhile we watched a hot air balloon being inflated and setting off
After which we drive back to No 6 where we are parked up for the night prior to starting our West Country adventure proper tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment