13 July 2019

West Country Adventure, 13 July

I really don't seem to have done very much today. We had a horrible drive over Dartmoor, tiny little sick-making road, and you had to stop every time you met a car coming in the other direction.  Our first stop was Bovey Tracey, where I went to a tiny Tesco and to a chemist for some arnica for my arm. It doesn't really hurt unless I touch it, so I try not to touch it!

Then we had this horrible  drive to somewhere called Drogo Castle, and the Swan Whisperer went for a walk while I recovered, and then we drive in to this camp site in the middle of nowhere. I thought it would be nearer Okehampton, but by the time the SW had had his second walk (he is not running at the moment as he is nursing an injury to his Achilles, which means, he says, he can walk but not run) it was to late to go in and look round and visit the Museum of Rural Life, and so on. Maybe tomorrow. So no photos today, either. Have this one of Marmite-flavoured peanut butter (delicious, but I don't quite see the point when one can spread them both separately on one's toast), instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment