06 March 2021

Fitness journey, 6 March

 


Today's walk looks a lot better than it actually was, as what it doesn't show was that we were in the Church for over an hour, so I had a lovely long rest in the middle!  

The Swan Whisperer needed to go down to our church to do some work on the sound system, and suggested I come down with him - if he got too bored, walking at my pace, he would go on ahead.  Actually, he didn't - he said, coming back, that if he was much colder he would have done (the church, of course, being out of use, is unheated at the moment), but he was fine.  Anyway, it is about 1.5 km there and we came back a different way, past the prison and then up Lyham Road - noting some interesting-looking places for further exploration - and then I said I thought it would be a bit shorter to cut the corner through the estate, rather than going up past the youth club and home that way.  So we did.  I struggled quite badly going to the church, as it is uphill (not steeply, but continuously), but after a rest was fine, and then walking back was downhill or flat!

And oh, the bliss of seeing someone in the flesh and chatting to them who is not the Swan Whisperer, much as I love him!  But it was nice to have his company on my walk!

No music - I had company!  Ditto no photos, for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment