09 March 2021

Fitness journey, 9 March



The weather forecast says it will rain tomorrow - although it is such a lovely day today that seems most improbable.  So I thought I'd better get in my 3k while the getting was good.

There was a funeral at the New Testament Church of God on Lyham Road; our local newsagent died a few days ago of a heart attack.  If times had been normal, we would have attended the funeral; as it was, we did want to pay our respects, so we arranged to meet outside the church.  I went down to Tulse Hill Sainsbury's, as I knew that would be about the right distance, but it really is a manky branch compared to Clapham, and I was in a hurry.  In fact, I nearly forgot to put a mask on because I was concentrating on the Smart Shop app, and had to be reminded by the store staff.  

Anyway, a quick dash round Sainsbury's, and then back along Water Lane and Lambert Road to the church; the funeral was supposed to start at 10:45, but of course it was nearer 11:20 by the time the hearse arrived and the coffin was taken into the church, at which point we came away and home via Strathleven Road.

I am extremely pleased with my times, though - under 15 minutes/km!  I don't think I could have done that without sitting on someone's wall in Lambert Road for half an hour or so, though!

Music: Simply Musicals, Andrew Lloyd Webber; Songs from the Musicals.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment