02 March 2021

Fitness Journey, 2 March


 I didn't walk much yesterday, only round Lidl, so not even 1 km.  Made up for it today, though.  And have badly overdone it, alas.  Would have been fine if only there had been somewhere to stop and sit down for a bit.  First km was fine, just under 15 minutes, which isn't bad; 2nd km was nearly half an hour, but that's because it was plodging round Little Waitrose (which sounds like a posh nursery school!), Boots and Sainsbury's.  Couldn't find the Chelsea buns I've been looking for in either of the supermarkets, but did get the shampoo I wanted in Boots.

It was the 3rd kilometer that was really, really hard - I chose to go the long way home, down Tremadoc Road (apparently one of our ministers lives there - had I known that, I might have asked if I could sit on her doorstep for 10 minutes to get my second wind!) and on to Bedford Road and then the shortcut via Hetherington Road.  But I was really, really, really struggling for breath and feeling exhausted.  I may have to rest tomorrow, but I hope not.  I'd still like to get 4x30-minute walks this week if possible - but perhaps not quite so far next time!

Music: Simply Musicals, Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment