08 March 2021

Fitness Journey, 8 March


 Another walk with a rest in the middle - the rest, this time, being on a bus.  Which was very frustrating, as I will relate.

I needed to pick up my medication from the pharmacy, so walked down Acre Lane 


into Brixton to do that, and then popped into Superdrug to recycle my blister packs from the last lot.  Then I decided to go up past the Post Office and along Pulross Road to cut up on to Landor Road and, I hoped, past the Old Post Office Bakery, but by the time I got to Lambeth Hospital I was getting tired, and sat down at a bus stop to get my second wind, and there was a bus so I thought I'd catch it for a couple of stops until it diverged from my route.  Only, when it went past the Old Post Office, they had Chelsea Buns in the window!!!!!

So I banged the bell to get off at the next stop, but the next stop was a lot further along Landor Road than the bus had already come, and the traffic was absolutely solid, it must have taken a good 10-15 minutes to get to the stop.  I did get off there, although it was a stop earlier than I had planned, as the traffic was so impossibly slow it was quicker to walk by then.  So I cut the corner, going past a derelict block of flats with daffodils growing on the lawn: 


and then out on to Bedford Road, and so home.  Would have struggled dreadfully without the bus - I was struggling a bit as it was, but got there in the end.

Music: Simply Musicals, London; then Simply Musicals, Andrew Lloyd Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment