12 December 2023

Christmas Markets, 12 December 2023

Bitche, Lorraine
I should have known better than to suggest we walk to the bus stop after dinner last night! It was not far, probably less than a kilometre, and we took it easily. We had done the same walk last Christmas Day, but then the cruise director had set such a fast pace that I got badly out of breath and felt really rotten! No such unpleasantness last night, but the walk, combined with all the other exercise is talked, made me overtired and, as a result, I slept badly.

I should really have showered and dressed and not gone back to bed again after making myself comfortable this morning, as while the Swan Whisperer was dressing, I fell fast asleep again and didn't stir until nearly 09:30.   Fortunately, we were in no rush to get anywhere, as we had until noon to leave the campsite. And it was raining! 

We used the services, but there was a long queue to do so, and then headed back into Kehl so that I could shop at the ReWe there, and so that we could get diesel at German prices rather than French (only a few cents difference, but still). We then drove along the little stream beside the Rhine that we went along earlier this year, but there were not nearly as many birds today, only a few swans. 

We stopped for lunch in a lay-by along that road, and it was as well we did, as the heavens really opened! It was like someone pouring buckets of water over the WoMo, and it would not have been safe to drive! By the time we had finished eating, the rain was away and I dozed while the SW drove us to the aire in Bitche we had promised ourselves to visit last time. He has gone for a walk, and I have got undressed to save having to do it later! 

No photos today, so here is one of the city centre church in Kehl that I took yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment