13 December 2023

Christmas Markets, 13 December 2023

Amnéville, Lorraine

You know, I quite thought Bitche, where we spent last night, was in Alsace, but it turns out to be just over the border, in Lorraine. So I've corrected yesterday's post. But it really means we were already on our way home!

The Swan Whisperer volunteered to go and get bread this morning, and all I can say is that if I lived in Bitche, I wouldn't patronise that bakery! It really wasn't very nice, really chewy and tough. And the croissants weren't  flaky as they should have been. Oh well!

After breakfast we went for a walk round the Citadelle, which was lovely, but it is a very steep pull up to the place, and my silly lungs didn't like it. They kept on informing me that they hadn't liked it for an unnecessarily long time afterwards! 

Meanwhile, we drove to the nearest supermarket - an Intermarché, I think, and I shopped. We won't need to get any more actual food this trip, only bits for Cbristmas, and stuff to take home. I want to go to Lidl tomorrow as they have some good coupons. And then a Last Shop in France on Friday.

We are at Amnéville yet again and I'm looking forward to the Thermapolis tomorrow morning. As we were here quite early, the SW, who had brought his skates with him, went skating for half an hour or so. He said he was at least double the age of the next oldest skater! 

No comments:

Post a Comment