16 December 2023

Christmas Markets, 16 December 2023

Yesterday at lunchtime we had a minor disaster, which I didn't mention at the time as it wasn't worth it. When the Swan Whisperer opened the cupboard to get the butter down, a butternut squash had obviously been loose in the cupboard,and crashed down on the table,knocking over both our cups of soup! We cleared up and thought no more of the matter, but, alas, the soup must have got into my tablet, as this morning it simply wouldn't turn on! Big disaster. I ordered another one which has arrived, but it seems to be going round in circles setting itself up - I hope it won't take too long.

Anyway, that didn't hold us back for too long this morning, and we were away by 09:30, stopping briefly to get diesel before heading to the terminal, where we were gratified to get on a shuttle an hour earlier than booked, and arrived at my mother's by noon, so we got most of the sorting-out done by lunchtime.

We were away by 15:30, but had to stop en route when we realised the car's tyres were on very low pressure, but that was easily and quickly dealt with and we were home before 18:00. Then a marathon unpacking session ensued, and I was very disciplined and made myself finish all my unpacking before I tackled the parcels that were waiting for me!

And so ends another holiday.  I expect the next one will be around the middle of February, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment