03 October 2024

Early autumn holiday, 3 October 2024

Kritzendorf, Klosterneuburg, Austria

The rain had stopped by this morning, so after breakfast we got everything organised and headed into Graz. 

I had thought yesterday that I wasn't feeling very well, but then thought I must have imagined things, as I was hungry for breakfast. But on the bus on the way into Graz, I realised I hadn't been imagining things. On arrival at the city centre, I had to park the Swan Whisperer in a cafĂ© with a cup of coffee while I used the facilities, and then our next port of call was the next-door chemist, where I acquired some Immodium Instants, which appear to have done the trick. 

Nevertheless, we had a very pleasant walk around Graz.The Swan Whisperer had picked up a guidebook from somewhere which showed us where to walk and what to see while we were doing so. We could probably have spent longer than we actually did, but time was getting on, and we would have to be out of the Reisemobilstellplatz by noon if we were not to pay an extra €7.00. We just made it!

Whereupon we headed on towards Vienna, and very, very, very slowly through it until we reached Klosterneuburg, and then hither and yon and who knows what the Satnav was thinking of until we got here.

"Here" is, of all places, Kritzendorf station car park, which has its own, free, motorhome aire, with free services! Brilliant. Okay, it's not the nicest of places, and trains go roaring past every few minutes, but we can easily get a train into Vienna in the morning, and we are seldom bothered by noises at night (being old and deaf does have its advantages!). And think how lovely to be lying in bed watching trains go past the window! 

No comments:

Post a Comment