07 October 2024

Early autumn holiday, 7 October 2024

Shillingsfürst, Germany

I have not had a very good day. My alarm clock woke me at the wrong part of my sleep cycle, and for some reason I couldn't shake it off. It was the sort of day where, at home, I would have had breakfast in my dressing--gown and probably gone back to bed for a couple of hours afterwards. Can't do that in the WoMo, though, as we don't have constant hot water, and it firmly goes off at 09:00, if not earlier. So I really haven't done anything much other than shop at a local REWE - lovely display of autumn produce! 
The Swan Whisperer said he wanted to visit the town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, about 20 km north of here - we had to come back as I'd booked the campsite, and we do need services in the morning as I'm not sure if we'll have them again before Calais. Anyway, when we got there, we parked up in a recommended car park, and the Swan Whisperer went for a walk round. But he said it was terribly twee and self-conscious, although he had expected that. Many German towns totally aren't, of course. I'm quite glad I didn't look round.

I keep thinking today is Tuesday and that I must do a Last Shop in Germany tomorrow, but, in fact, it is only Monday, so I have 24 hours more than I thought I did! I hope tomorrow will be better. 

The weather is very mixed today - we have had glorious sunshine and heavy-ish rain. It's raining at the moment, but it's very much milder than it's been for some days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment