23 May 2022

Oberstdorf and more, 23 May 2022

Lovely to wake up in Oberstdorf this morning! It was a lovely morning, to, and rapidly became very hot.  After breakfast, M came over with her toothbrush, which had discharged itself, and it has been sitting on my portable charger all day.

Then I went round to Norma, the supermarket next door, to get one or two things, including strawberry cakes for lunch; I forgot to take a picture of them, and at €3.10 each, we aren't going to have them very often this week!  I also forgot to buy rolls, but did get some nice bread.  Bumped into a couple of friends, which was nice. 

After lunch, E came round, and it was lovely to see her.  But the SW and I wanted a walk, so when she had gone, we set off in different directions.  I walked into town, as far as the Bahnhof, and then it began to rain, so I got the Ortsbus back as far as the ice rink and said hello to a few people there, and watched some of the ice dancers practising.  Then the rain was (temporarily) away, so I came back to the motor home, to be joined by the Swan Whisperer.  It has been raining more or less (but mostly more) heavily ever since, so we spent the rest of the afternoon reading and dozing.  Then I got supper - midweek mushroom pasta - although I found I wasn't very hungry, and now M has just come to collect her toothbrush.  It is still raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment