21 May 2022

Oberstdorf and more 2022, 21 May

I overslept this morning! I woke, as I usually do, around 07:00, took my tablet (which has to be taken at least 30 minutes before a caffeinated drink) turned off the alarm which had been set for 07:30, did the various Wordle puzzles and started to look through Facebook - and the next thing I knew,  it was 09:00! I consoled myself with the knowledge that it was only 08:00 in the UK and it wouldn't matter if today's meals were on UK time rather than European time! 

As, indeed, they turned out to be. The Swan Whisperer booked himself on a tour of the mine for 11:00 - sooner him than me; I don't think you could pay me enough to go down one of those! This didn't finish until nearly 13:00, and then we needed to use the services before we set off. 

Our first port of call was a supermarket, naturally enough, and I was delighted to score some coloured eggs, which I didn't think they sold in Belgium. I couldn't, however, find any fresh milk, although I did get some cream. Very strange. Thank goodness the Norma in Oberstdorf usually sells it. 

After lunch we set off to drive to this place, Kirchberg, where the aire is behind a motorhome rental place.  The electricity isn't working, so when the proprietor came home, he kindly brought out a cable for our use. We are right behind a large shopping centre, but it has a glorious view. It was a pleasant drive, although I dozed most of the way. The roads were extraordinarily quiet by German standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment