25 May 2022

Oberstdorf and more, 25 May 2022

Still wet when we got up. But the clouds gradually cleared during the day, and the next two days are supposed to be fine and dry. 

We went to the rink to watch a couple of friends skate, and then there was a gap, so the Swan Whisperer came back to the motor home to use the services and I went for a walk through the tourist section of the town, which I had not yet visited. Nothing much has changed, although they have moved the wool shop, and some of the shops look newer. Still lots of do-the-tourist places, though, and I was tempted by some wooden fridge magnets shaped like skated with Oberstdorf on them. But at €3 a pop, a bit dear for tossies! 

I got to the station in good time to catch the bus back - getting out at the right stop this time - and then the Swan Whisperer came with me to Norma as I wanted him to carry beer back. Of course, we met up with our longest-standing skating friends and spent too long catching up with them and missed the first couple of skaters we wanted to see! Oh well.

I stayed in the rink for the rest of the day - we grabbed a sandwich from the cafe for lunch - although the SW went for another walk. We sat with our friends for the big Bronze Women III class, and then the SW and I went and had dinner in Zorans, above the rink, sitting with yet more old friends, one of whom had skated in that class.

After which, I had had enough and came back to the van to watch the really good skaters on the livestream, but the SW stayed on to watch them live.

The Nebelhornbahn doesn't open until tomorrow, but they have been running empty all week. This morning this car was sitting quite still above the road - I suppose to test breakdown procedures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment