10 March 2024

Early spring holiday 2024, 10 March

Marck, Pas-de-Calais. 

I woke up in the wee small hours worrying about that wretched Intermarché card, and thinking I should perhaps have used it so that it was up and running and wouldn't expire or anything and make me have to go through the whole rigmarole again. And, of course, I then couldn't go back to sleep until the Swan Whisperer woke in his turn and was able to reassure me that we could stop at an Intermarché on our way here.

Which we did, and I have done almost all of my take-home shopping, although I hope we will have time to call in at Lidl tomorrow morning as I have some rather nice coupons, and it would be a pity to waste them. Mind you, I don't suppose for one minute that the shop will have what I want, but I still have to look!

Anyway, after I'd been to the Intermarché - which took a long time and it was beginning to close by the time I left (French supermarkets close at noon on Sundays), we drove up as far as the Aire de la Baie du Somme where we stopped for lunch, and then we stopped again at another aire en route for the Swan Whisperer to make himself a cup of coffee and get a breath of air as he was feeling a bit sleepy.

Then we came straight here to Marck, a few kilometres north of Calais, to a very nice aire, with everything you could want, including electricity. It's supposed to cost €8, but nobody has come round to collect it, although the money is sitting out for if and when they do. We will come back, I expect, although I imagine it gets full quite early.

The Swan Whisperer went for a walk, which he says was a bust as he couldn't get where he wanted, and he forgot to record it. Then it was time for our Zoom Lent worship, and now he is getting a quick supper. Home tomorrow! 

I haven't taken any photos today, so here is one from a few days ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment