12 March 2024

Early Spring Hoilday 2024, 11 March

So we are home. We actually got home last night (Monday), but once we had unpacked and sat down, I went fast asleep and didn't wake up until the Swan Whisperer woke me as he was going to bed!

Yesterday morning, we got up early without too much dawdling, and were away shortly after 9. We had hoped to call in at the nearest Lidl, but they had a height barrier at the entrance to their car park (Grrr), so we went to the one in Cité Europe, which has all its announcements in both French and English. I got several things I wanted on coupons, most notably some fish and some stuffing for vegetables - I adore French stuffed tomatoes, and hope that this stuffing will be able to recreate them at home. I also have some tomatoes and a cucumber. And I bought, not on coupon but couldn't resist, a pack of 12 yoghurts based on traditional French puddings; we had two last night and they were okay, quite edible!

We then got diesel - only marginally cheaper than in the UK, but we needed it, and as most of our journey in the UK is on motorways, definitely cheaper than there!  After which we made our way to the checkin for the Shuttle,

to be offered a crossing an hour earlier than we'd booked. Which was good, especially as our letter had just been called, so we could go straight through - and then the train we were loaded on turned out to be half an hour earlier even than the designated one! So instead of stopping at Clacket Lane services to eat our lunch, and arriving at no 6 at about 14:30, we actually arrived at 12:30 and shared our lunch with my mother and sister!

After lunch, of course, it was a matter of packing up and checking stuff, and the Swan Whisperer cleaned the WoMo inside and out, and put it away, and we left for London at about 17:00, getting here about 18:45.  Then it was a matter of unloading the car, putting away the cold stuff and the contents of the crates, and the bare minimum of the rest of the stuff (I finished off this morning). doing a load of washing, eating a Chinese (thank you, Just Eat) and flaking out in front of University Challenge! And, as I said, I fell fast asleep on the sofa!

Next trip in the WoMo will be to Oberstdorf in May. Not sure whether there will be anything between now and then, but I wouldn't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment