06 March 2024

Early spring holiday 2024, 6 March

La Celle Saint Avant, Indre et Loire

I don't seem to have got out of the WoMo all day, which is very wrong of me, I suppose, but I appear to need a rest day. I had been going to go over to the supermarket just up the road from last night's campsite, but we didn't need milk, and I forgot that I should have quite liked to have looked for one of the delicious salads they make here - chickpeas, perhaps, or peas.

Now, if I had been thinking clearly, I would have suggested that, instead of coming here tonight, we checked What's Halfway to find a place more directly in line with tomorrow night's planned stopover, as we had gone so far out of our way yesterday. But I didn't think of it, which meant we had a very long drive today. Having said that, much of it was scenic and enjoyable.

We stopped after about an hour for the Swan Whisperer to have coffee (I have mine with my breakfast) and then found a car-park somewhere for lunch. I made a large bowl of salad, including both chickpeas and sweetcorn, which was delicious!

Then it was another three hours or so of driving until we got here, which is actually a very nice place indeed. There is a lake, which I think the Swan Whisperer has gone to explore, and I shall do so, too, in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment