03 March 2024

Early spring holiday 2024, 3 March

Moissac, Tarn-et-Garonne, Occitanie

It rained. All night. And it was very windy in parts, too. In fact, it may even have snowed a bit - certainly the tops of the hills were covered in a thin layer of fresh snow. I do hope that it rained at Mas Alart, too!

The Swan Whisperer went and bought croissants and Sunday patisseries (really, one between us was enough, so the other can live to fight another day) and we didn't hurry over our breakfast, so it was nearly 11 by the time we had used the services and headed on.

 Whereupon I discovered the hard way that one of the skylights leaks, and sent a gush of water nearly over my person (quite over it until I moved!) and all over the floor. We have treated the skylight with masking tape (it is the one at the front that doesn't open) and hope it will hold until we can get a proper repair job done back in the UK.

We had a long drive today - the Swan Whisperer decided we wouldn't go on the motorway, and I'm glad he did, as apart from a long and boring stretch on the outskirts of Toulouse when it was roundabout after roundabout after commercial centre after commercial centre, it was really a lovely drive.

We are still in Occitanie, but now in Moissac, where I spent a wonderful fortnight on a French exchange in (I think) 1970. We have been back since, but not for some years. 

We both needed a walk, so went into town along the canal and back along the river, but we should have worn hats and I wish I'd had a warmer coat on, as it was bitterly cold, especially going, with the wind in our faces. The Swan Whisperer said he didn't want a long walk today - I'm really not surprised!

Now we are back in the WoMo and waiting for the Lent Zoom service to start now that we actually have the details (we couldn't find them last week!). It is raining again, so I hope it won't be so heavy as to drown out the minister. There is, paradoxically, also a beautiful sunset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment