We started off this morning with a disagreement about what to do. The Swan Whisperer wanted to drive up to some lake near Beaufort, and I wanted to visit the heritage museum in Ugines. In the end, we could do neither. First of all, the Satnav showed that the road to the lake was closed - snow? Mud? Roadworks? Who knows! And then when we got to Ugines, we couldn't find anywhere to park near the museum, and weren't altogether too sure we'd even found the museum! So we came away, and drove here to Aix-les-Bains.
Lunch was a mistake - it was too fatty with butter and cheese, and I felt very sick after it. After a nap it was better, so we drove back on ourselves a bit to the nearest E Leclerc, where I did some shopping, and then came back to the aire. After a cup of tea, the SW announced his intention of going for a walk. I had understood that we had been going to go for a walk together, but this was evidently not his plan, so I went for my own walk a bit later. Which was lovely - along the waterfront, and then up along the Tillet (a little stream that runs into the Lac du Bourget), and across a small, wooded park. I'd have thought I'd gone the wrong way had I not seen a couple walking their dog in front of me!
I went slightly the wrong way myself, as my phone told me the SW was in a park a little way away, and I thought that was where the motorhome aire was. He seemed not to be moving, so when I realised my mistake, I rang his phone to make sure he hadn't dropped it somewhere, but all was well. I got back to the WoMo shortly before he did, and will spend the evening watching YouTube videos in bed!
I think we leave the Alps tomorrow and start heading slowly home. We haven't slept at higher than about 700 metres, but, apart from when my digestion has gone back on me, I've felt as well as I usually feel here!
No comments:
Post a Comment