It really was the most enormous Lidl you ever did see! Easily as big as your average hypermarket! I went over after breakfast to do my shopping, and even though I bought very little that wasn't on my actual list - some carrot salad (which would have been on my list had I remembered to put it there!), some pears, some grapes and a packet of pairs of socks for the Swan Whisperer, who is complaining because he has gone through the toes of all of his current pairs and I am making him throw them away - I found the shopping-bag very heavy, and when I discovered I had used the wrong exit to the car park and was walking merrily away from the aire, I had to ring the SW to come to my rescue. I had suggested he bring a second shopping-bag so we could divvy up the load, but he didn't hear that bit, and carried the lot for me. We stopped at a bridge over a stream where there were several nutria - we think that's what they are - and watched them for a bit.
We had to stop again en route to the mountains as Lidl in France, no matter how enormous, doesn't seem to sell fresh milk. We stopped at a U Express, and I was delighted to find some greengages and some of the quinoa salad I like, as well as milk.
En route to Lake Annecy, a small black squirrel ran across the road in front of us. I think it must have been a red squirrel - you know how they can be black, despite their name - and I reckoned we were having a wonderful wildlife day, especially as we also saw a black cat hunting in a field!
The traffic through Annecy was very slow, but we got here in the end to this town on the lake where we are parked up in a campsite about 3 minutes' walk from the waterfront. The SW went for a walk but he said it was a bit boring as you had to go there and back again, there wasn't a sensible round trip. I just went down to the water's edge. There were two lovely chestnut trees, with loads of conkers underneath them. I don't think French kids collect them as passionately as British kids do, if at all!As it is Saturday, the Swan Whisperer cooked sausages for our supper, which were lovely. Bratwurst, for a change, which we had bought in Lidl at home because they were on special offer! I gather we are going to miss Alpine Week this year, which is a bummer, so I hope they have it in France, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment