We weren't going to be here tonight - I had planned for us to stay at a lovely France Passion farm, although I can't now remember what it sold. However, the Swan Whisperer said it would be impossible to go there because it was at the end of a long single-track road - although in that case, how come it is a long-standing France Passion host, with excellent reviews? So he said we would go to this campsite.At least he paid! It's another OnlyCamp, so I asked the very nice receptionist in the camp where we stayed last night if she would be kind enough to ring them up and ask if there were any spaces for us. She quite understood my not liking to telephone in French (I can if I have to, but....) and was told that they had plenty of spaces, and we should arrive between 3 and 6 pm.
It wasn't a long way from our overnight camp by the lake, but first we had to go to a local Carrefour Market to try to get gas, as our French cube had run out and the SW was quite convinced there were only dregs in the other one (in fact, as he apologised later, it is at least 1/3 full, we needn't have worried). So he then found another place in Annecy where he hoped we could get it, and, luckily, he was successful this time.
Anyway, he then said that we wouldn't be able to go into Chamonix from where we are staying tomorrow and the next night, because there isn't a direct route. I do wish he had said that before I booked and paid for the Camping-Car Park, as I would have made other arrangements. As it is, he wants to go to some ghastly Cirque or other, although he says we will be at the bottom of it, but I bet there are nothing but hairpin bends all over. It might be impressive. But I'm annoyed as my vague meal plans for the week had us eating lunch in Chamonix (which I said several times before he said we couldn't go there!) so I wouldn't have to cook in the evening.
Anyway, we got to this campsite shortly after 3, having stopped for the SW to have coffee and then again for a long lunch break (we didn't want to arrive before 3), and it is pleasant enough. As seems usual with OnlyCamps, the receptionist - a man this time - is very nice. And the scenery is lovely!
I haven't really been out today, other than for an explore when we arrived, as I felt very dizzy and unwell this morning - sinussy, I think - and although that has passed, I got a raging headache. 4Head has seen that off, more or less, but even still. I should have liked to have gone to the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment