28 February 2021

Fitness Journey, 28 February

 


Today's walk was a bit of a struggle - I thought I would try to walk down to the farmers' market at Herne Hill (which, indeed, is exactly what I did do), but quite nearly aborted when I got to Sainsbury's (near the park entrance) and very nearly aborted when I got to Brockwell Lido (about the 2 km mark on the walk).  But somehow I got my second wind, and carried on, not only down to the Herne Hill park exit, but also round the farmers' market (which was crowded and nothing I really wanted to buy).  The park was crowded - a notice at the entrance said only to go in for exercise (although as they have a lateral flow testing station there, I would have thought you could go in for that, too!), but there were loads of people walking, running and cycling, and even a fitness class going on near the Lido.  I saw some people sitting on a park bench eating their lunch, and was tempted to remind them they can't actually do that until next Monday (but didn't, of course!).  Once I had been round the market, I walked back to the bus stop and was not impressed at having to wait nearly 10 minutes for the next bus home, but no choice!  

I didn't really think, when I set out on this journey on 1 February, that I would have reached 5x30 minutes' walk in one week by the end of the month, but that is indeed what I have done!  I haven't quite as many steps as last week, for some reason, but 5 walks! 


I think, though, that I shall still continue to log my journey during March, as it keeps me accountable!  You don't have to read it, after all.

Music: Simply Musicals: Broadway

4 comments:

  1. You could think of joining walk 1000 miles Facebook page. Very supportive group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it is, but I don't think I could cope with 45+ posts a day!

      Delete