17 February 2021

Fitness journey, 17 February

 



I never know whether to keep the tracker on while I shop - which adds to the distance and time, but slows the average pace - or to turn it off, which speeds up the average pace, but keeps distance and time shorter.  All very difficult.  

Anyway, today I'd meant to go for my walk after breakfast and before the Ash Wednesday service at 11, but - er - fell asleep, so as soon as the service was over I went out.  Checked the nearest little playground to see if it was open,


which it was, and then walked down past King's Acre and the entrance to the Estate to where used to be an adventure playground back in the day.  These days it's a little grassy space with a sports court in it - the grassy space was open but the sports court wasn't.  Thinking about it, probably only community groups or recognised teams have access, and are keyholders.  Anyway, I did try to take a photo, but it didn't come out, for some reason.

Walked back into the Estate, past where the Daughter's primary school used to be (how often I did that walk, back in the day!) and up Branksome Road to get to Lidl.

Music: Agnus Dei - Classical music for reflection and meditation (well, it is Ash Wednesday, after all!).

4 comments:

  1. How far are you from Ferndale Road? When my uncle was in the City of London Police he lived in Ferndale Court - flats that I believe belonged to the CLP. I saw the fly-past on Coronation Day from the roof of the block that Uncle Roy and Auntie Marge lived in....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends which end of Ferndale Road - about 5 minutes' walk to the nearest part. Ferndale Court is a few minutes further - say 10 minutes, at your speed?

      Delete
    2. I suddenly wondered if the Ferndale Court flats were still there - and if they are still used as police housing...

      Delete
    3. They are certainly still there, but I have no idea whether or not they are used as police housing. When we are allowed to travel again (if we ever are), you must come up and we'll explore.

      Delete