08 February 2021

Fitness journey, 8 February

 When my alarm clock went off, the bright and chirpy weather forecaster who greets me by name informed me that it was -1 and snowing.  And going to snow.  Accuweather said it was going to start snowing in about an hour.  So I thought I'd better go out while the going was good, dressed quickly, and headed out about 8:30.

It was very cold, so I thought I would just go to Tesco and back - walking into the wind on the way there, and, more comfortably, with my back to it on the way back.  Over the weekend, I bought a headband with bluetooth headphones hidden in it, which worked very well, so I was playing the egregious "Let's have a party" album - think songs like Agadoo and the Birdie Song, but excellent to walk to!  I must see what else I have that increases one's pace without trying.  

I failed to turn off the tracker while I was in Tesco's because I thought I hadn't switched it on properly, so was surprised to find that it paused while I was looking for ras el hanout in the spice rack.  They had it last week, when I didn't need it, but I had less than I thought....  oh well.

I did think of catching a bus back, but there wasn't one due for 3 minutes, and, in fact, I'd nearly reached the next bus stop by the time it arrived.  I'm glad I walked!  And so home to a belated breakfast!




No comments:

Post a Comment