06 February 2021

Fitness journey, week 1

 Not exactly travelling - but who knows when, if ever, we will be able to do that again.  Right now it's illegal - illegal!!!! - to go on holiday.  I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought the new motor home; I'd sell it if I didn't think I'd lose so much money on it.  And the Swan Whisperer says we will be able to use it again sometime.  I hope he's right.  

But whether or not we can travel, we can at least stay fit.  I have got extremely unfit lately, and have decided to try to get fit by walking for about 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week.   I started this last Monday, 1 February, and did 3 walks last week, all of which involved about 20 minutes' walking and then shopping, as we are only supposed to go out once a day.  I have been posting these walks on Facebook, but think it would be better not to bore people there, so will post them on here instead, with a link to Facebook.  

So, this week's walks.

Monday 1 February

I went along Acre Lane, down Baytree Road (there was a blackbird!) out on to Brixton Hill, and then back up Porden Road and so to Tesco's.  Then I got a bus back from Tesco.

Wednesday 3 February


I had been going to walk to Tulse Hill Sainsbury's and then bus back, but ended up in Sainsbury's Local on the corner of Lambert Road and Brixton Hill.  Was feeling a bit breathless and my back was aching.  Had walked down Strathleven Road and along Lambert Road, then into Sainsbury's.  They didn't have Za'atar, which is what I'm out of!  Anyway, I then got a bus as far as Lambeth Town Hall, walked up Porden Road to the bus stop on Acre Lane, and then bus home. 

Friday 5 February


Up Strathleven Road, Glenelg Road, Kildoran Road on to Lyham Road, then through Blenheim Gardens but I was getting tired, so cut through to Lambert Road, walked up Branksome Road back to Acre Lane and thus to Lidl.  Breathless again and my calves ached!

I am going to repeat Week 1 next week, weather permitting - aiming for 3x15 minute walks.  I've now acquired a bluetooth headband, so may be able to listen to music while I walk, which will help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment