19 February 2021

Fitness Journey, 19 February

 


Not the walk I wanted!  I wanted to go into Brixton, which, as you can see, I did, but as it was a shopping walk I took my handbag, and I was also carrying a shopping bag as I had the little paper bag full of empty blister packs for recycling.  I don't know whether it was that, but my back was aching before I was half way down Acre Lane!  And I stopped to take a photo of someone's daffs, and just as my camera was coming up, the tenant came out with her dog, who promptly weed all over said daffs!  So I didn't take the photo, after all.

It's not really a good idea to shop in the afternoon in Brixton - I had to queue outside Holland & Barrett, only for a couple of minutes, and then I didn't buy anything.  Then I had to queue for what felt like hours outside Superdrug, but I did get what I wanted in there, and got rid of my blister packs.  I thought at first that the box where you put them was just advertising, but no!  

I really had had enough by then, but I did still want za'atar and also some more Dunn's River seasoning, so I thought I would investigate Nour Cash and Carry, which has a really good rep in Brixton for such things, and sure enough they had all I wanted in the way of seasoning!  Will definitely go back when I want more than just parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.... 

And then I came back to the main road and there was a 35, so I called it a walk!  It looks slower than it actually was, as the workout didn't pause itself while I was queueing, which it should have done.  But Active 10 says I did 19 minutes of brisk walking, so I'll call that a win.

Not sure whether to try to up things next week or not; I did go out yesterday, but only round Lidl (800 steps, and 2 brisk minutes not really worth counting).... I'll see.  If it's fine over the weekend I might go down to Windmill Gardens again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment