25 February 2021

Fitness Journey, 25 February

 


Today's walk ended up being completely different from what I'd planned - I thought at first I'd just head down to the windmill and back, as I know that's a nice distance for me just now.  But I also thought that instead of going straight down Branksome Road and back up Strathleven Road, which looks rather phallic when traced, I'd go down Hayter Road and then Branksome Road to get to Lambert Road.  However, half way long Hayter Road, I saw this lovely elderflower tree in blossom: 

and that reminded me I'd meant to go out on to Brixton Hill to see whether there were any crocuses on Rush Common.  As it turned out, I couldn't get across the road to have a look, as there is building work which has closed the nearest crossing, so I walked back up towards Brixton and then up Porden Road to Acre Lane.  I then realised that if I went straight home, I wouldn't have walked nearly far enough, so decided to do a loop round some of the streets on the far side of Acre Lane, and, as it's ages since I've been that way, I forgot that Santley Street was a cul-de-sac past the 7th Day Adventist Church, so I had to retrace my steps slightly.  Which actually gave me a walk of almost exactly the right distance!  Very pleasing.  There were also daffodils in the street boxes on Hayter Road, and, a bit further along, children learning to ride mountain bikes over a jump!  Which I didn't photo, but did stop to applaud.



Music: Evita: songs from the musical

No comments:

Post a Comment