04 May 2024

Late spring holiday 2024; Saturday 4 May

Mölschow, Mecklenbrurg-Vorpommern, Germany

 I think I overdid it rather yesterday, with nearly 10k steps on record - I know that for many readers of this blog it's normal, or even derisory, but I find if I do many more than 5-6k steps per day I'm apt to pay for it. And pay for it I did, with a very bad night and a very tired and sleepy day today. 

However, I eventually hauled myself out of bed and we had breakfast, used the services, and headed on. First port of call was a Rewe in Bad Doberan, where I shopped for today and tomorrow (although I hope I will be able to find a bakery open for rolls and Sunday patisseries), and then we drove on, stopping for lunch and then later for diesel at a garage that sold it considerably more cheaply than anywhere else we have seen so far.
We drove across a very splendid swing bridge, called the Peenebrücke Wolgast (the article is in German but you can use a translator to get the sense of it) and on to this island in the North-Eastern corner of Germany. Our aire is lovely - we are by a small marina, and everything is included.
We do not pay until the morning, so that they can determine how much we owe for electricity - you take a photo of the meter when you arrive and another when you leave. Everything else is included, except if you want a 4-minute shower it's €1. But one can fill up with water and empty the grey and the loo, so no problems having one in the van. The woman who owns the place is extremely nice, and even complimented me on my German, which is increasingly awful, I find! 

The Swan Whisperer went for a walk - if you are wondering why he hasn't been going for his usual morning runs it's because he had a bad fall on the ice a week or so ago and hurt his knee quite badly, and it's taking its own time to recover. He can walk fine, but not run. Anyway, he went for a walk, and I had a nap, and then it was supper time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment