11 May 2024

Late spring holiday 2024; Saturday 11 May

Oberstdorf, Allgäu, Bavaria

Didn't know about the Northern Lights, nor whether they were even visible from here, but what a lovely view to wake up to! 
As I had hoped, my lungs were massively better this morning, so was able to go out and about. Our friend W has just arrived for her first Oberstdorf, and we hadn't seen her since she came to the Mountain Cup in 2009! I She was wanting to go for a walk to get her bearings and explore the area, and as the Swan Whisperer is always up for a walk, I suggested they go together, and come back to the WoMo for lunch. 

I, meanwhile, walked down to Lidl to shop, and was rather annoyed because in Berlin they had had some lovely herb and garlic mills, which I didn't buy, because I thought I could get them here, but, of course, they don't seem to stock them! Grrr. Anyway, I did most of my shopping and then came back on the bus, and made a lovely salad with olives and cucumbers and tomatoes and avocadoes and feta and hard-boiled eggs, and we had fried Leberkäse with our rolls, followed by fruit salad and ice cream. Lush! Of course, I couldn't remember which bus stop I needed to get out at, and got off one stop too soon, which is a mistake I make every year! No harm done, though. 

After lunch, I showed W where the Norma was, and caught the bus back into town, as my travelling hairdryer, which I have not had the opportunity to use before today, grinds to a halt as soon as it heats up, so I decided I'd better invest in a new one - I have a bigger one I use at home, and there are such things as adapters should I want to use the travel one in the UK. I thought I could probably get one in Woolworths, and indeed I could - I do so miss them in the UK, even after all these years! So having bought one, I took the next bus back to the Wohnmobilestellplatz, getting off at the right stop this time, to find the machine at the services being emptied and filled in appropriate places. 

The SW agreed to sort out our clean washing, which had been airing off all over our bed, so I popped over to Norma to get tomatoes and avocadoes since we were now out of them. Then I came back to the WoMo and went to sleep. The SW went up to the rink for the opening party, but came away when the speeches started and is now cooking Saturday sausages. I I must go and put my clean clothes away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment