12 May 2024

Late spring holiday 2024; Sunday 12 May

Oberstdorf, Allgäu, Bavaria 

Today was the first day of competition, but it didn't start until 12:00, so the Swan Whisperer went for a run before breakfast, and I didn't get up until he got back. This was a mistake, as when I came back from drying my hair - my new hairdryer is great, and works very well - our friend E had joined us. She had already breakfasted, but accepted a cup of coffee, and we enjoyed chatting to her until she had to go to the rink where she was volunteering, and I went over to the little café-cum-bakery across the road to buy rolls and Sunday patisseries.We arrived at the rink in time to watch the first class, in which we had friends skating. Unfortunately, G's music didn't play properly, which upset her quite badly, but nevertheless she skated well. In a gap when there was nobody we particularly wanted to watch, we came back to the WoMo and ate far too much lunch (in hindsight, we should have shared a patisserie between us), which made me, for one, very sleepy. So I had a nap, and thus missed a skater I'd quite wanted to see, but we went back to the rink and watched until almost the end of the day.

Neither of us wanted the stew that was waiting for us, so we had cheese on toast, a couple of cherry tomatoes, and a peach instead. I don't know how some people manage to eat a patisserie every day while they are here; I certainly couldn't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment