07 May 2024

Late spring holiday 2024; Tuesday 7 May

Bad Düben, Saxony`

We are now on our way to Oberstdorf, although it will take several more days to get there, pottering about and seeing what there is to be seen. 

I took a couple of paracetamol before I went to bed last night, which helped to the point that I was not fit for nothing today, although I have spent a lot of it resting. However, after breakfast I went to the local Lidl to stock up on nice bits from their coupons, plus some very nice frozen Pacific salmon fillets for supper. I I must remember that shops will be closed on Thursday, so to make sure we have enough food to do us. We probably already do, but I like to get fresh rolls for lunch each day, and we have now finished the potato salad! Anyway, talking of potatoes I remembered that we were out of them, and there was no way I could carry everything back, plus I didn't have a large enough shopping bag, so had to telephone the Swan Whisperer to come to my rescue. Which he not only did, but took all the shopping back to the WoMo for me, leaving me free to have a potter around the local Woolworths! 

Once I got back to the WoMo, it was time to get organised and head on, so we used the services and headed south towards - well, I was going to say this little town, but we are parked up for free in the car-park of a local swimming pool, which is closed. You pay for electricity and water, and possibly to empty the loo, but we don't need water, and the loo can manage if we can empty it on Thursday, so we'll see. Anyway, we have seen nothing of the town as yet, but the Swan Whisperer has been for a walk in the nearby woods, which he thoroughly enjoyed. 

However, before then, we stopped off by a museum called Ferropolis, which had attracted the Swan Whisperer's attention.We had lunch, then he went off to walk to a nearby viewpoint over a lake - a former mine - and I just walked up and down the path towards the museum to complete my step count for the day and enjoyed listening to the birds shouting the odds - a cuckoo, and my app tells me there was also a blackbird, a blackcap and a chiff-chaff. By the time the SW got back, I had remembered that I'd actually seen a video about Ferropolis, so I looked it up and we watched it, and then drove up to the car park of the actual museum but didn't go in. I did take some photos of the machines I could see, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment